Not sure what a Google+ Business Page is?
Truth is, your company probably already has a Google+ Business listing, but unless you’ve claimed it, it probably doesn’t reflect your brand. Google uses data from many sources to compose local business listings, reviews, public photo uploads and verified business owner updates. Your Google+ page is your brand’s home on Google and you should be sure you’re in control of what people see when they search for you on Google.
Truth is, your company probably already has a Google Business listing, but unless you’ve claimed it, it probably doesn’t reflect your brand. Random pictures other people have uploaded, incorrect website listings and old logos and photos could be lurking on your listing. Unless you claim your listing, you can’t control your brand. Go search for your business on Google, click through for more information, and you’ll have an opportunity to claim your business. (see Firepoint Media’s page here)
If you have a new business, or your company isn’t listed for some reason, you can start a new Google+ Business Page quickly.
Your Google+ page is your brand’s home on Google. It’s free to create or update your business listing. Upload photos and video, brands you carry. Be sure to upload a great background image, the new Google+ cover photo size is massive. The new size is 2120 x 1192 pixels – which gives businesses and brands a lot more space to work with. Coca-Cola did a great job with their brand on their Google+ background image.
- It’s pretty certain that if Google owns it, Google likes it. To ensure your business gets better search rankings, you need people to like and share your content.
- Post new photos and updates, just like you would on Facebook.
- Be sure to include your Google+ business listing link in your emails and on your website.
- Get Google reviews! Customer reviews matter to your local rankings. The average #1 ranking business on a search has 33% more customer reviews than the average #7. Ask your customers to review you on Google.
- Start sharing the love. Go Google+ other businesses and friends.
Now Go Do It
Google+ Business Pages are very important to your company. Below we’ve given you a few great links to help you get started. But if you find this confusing or frustrating, Firepoint Media can help you navigate through it all.